This is going to be a central point of collation for all things JAVA. To be clear it would not have been my first choice in languages, and yet I find myself continuosuly being amazed by just the amount of research and investment that has gone in.
- Multiple JVMs : Granted a few of them are forked off of Hotspot, still….
- Languages targeting the JVM : So many languages producing bytecode targeted towards the JVM.
- Libraries aplenty : JUnit, Guice, Dagger, Mockito, JMH, AspectJ (I don’t even know this one)
- So many language features : Reflections, Annotations, Lambdas, Streams, JMX. And JDK9 is only bringing more
- Plethora of tools : VisualVM, YourKit, Mission Control, heap dumps, debuggers etc.
All content on this website is licensed as Creative Commons-Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License. Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of my employer.